TLDR: Unreimbursed employee expenses are still available for some states!

A bunch of things changed with taxes under Trump, particularly when it comes to unreimbursed employee expenses for W-2 workers. Generally speaking, expenses related to W-2 work are no longer allowed to be claimed for your federal return.


Some states, like California and New York, still allow Unreimbursed Employee Expenses for those with W-2 jobs. If you have significant expenses related to W-2 work, email and we'll can send over a PDF you can fill out and upload to the site.

This is definitely an area where it helps to have a pro assist to make sure you take advantage of everything available to you, and to make sure there’s nothing extra that might cause trouble in the future.

Everyone’s situation is unique, making an account on and booking an appointment will ensure you have the best return possible!